IQOS HEATED TOBACCO DEVICE FAQs
What types of substances does the aerosol contain?
Because tobacco is only heated and not burned, the IQOS system does not create smoke, but rather aerosol which consists primarily of water, glycerol and nicotine. Compared to cigarette smoke, the IQOS system significantly reduces the level of harmful and potentially harmful substances in the aerosol inhaled by the user. However, using an IQOS device is not risk-free and the best way to reduce the health risks related to tobacco is to stop using tobacco products entirely.
Can I use the brand of cigarettes I normally smoke in the IQOS holder?
No. IQOS is designed to be used exclusively with our patented tobacco sticks. Cigarettes cannot be used in the IQOS device.
Is the red light flashing on your IQOS or your pocket charger?
A flashing red light on the IQOS charger or the IQOS holder may indicate a fault. The first step we can recommend is to restart the device.
How do I reset the IQOS device?
Simultaneously press and then release the Bluetooth button and the "off" button, until all of the lights flicker briefly. If the problem persists, contact the IQOS Customer Care Centre on 0800 400 600 or visit one of our IQOS outlets.
What is the plastic strip inside the tobacco stick filter for?
The crimped film inside the filter space in the tobacco sticks is specially designed to remove excess water vapour from the aerosol, so that it is pleasant to inhale.
To ensure optimal taste, we recommend cleaning your IQOS™ once a day. You can clean even more frequently if you feel to.
A regular cleaning of your IQOS™ will make the cleaning process quick and smooth.
Only use IQOS™ original cleaning tools to clean your IQOS™.
How to clean the IQOS Cleaning Tool?
Gently tap the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool on a surface and use a cloth to get rid of the residues.
Do not clean it with water to avoid any humid contact with the electronics of the IQOS™ Holder.
How to clean my IQOS?
You can easily clean your IQOS™ Holder and Cap in few steps:
1. switch off your IQOS Holder
2. wait for at least 30 seconds to cool down the blade
3. remove the cap
4. slide open your IQOS Cleaning Tool and check if it is not deformed and free of particles
1. with a straight and gentle gesture, insert the IQOS Cleaning Tool till it touches the bottom of the heating chamber
2. do not twist yet
1. without any further pushing pressure, gently twist IQOS™ Cleaning Tool 2-3 times
2. stop twisting, and extract the Tool straight from the Holder
3. gently tap the Holder and the Cleaning Tool to remove the tobacco residuals
• Finalize – use the IQOS™ Cleaning Sticks as a finishing touch.
1. insert the IQOS™ Cleaning Stick straight along the chamber
2. do not push or hit against the blade
3. do not attempt to clean the blade
4. in case IQOS™ Cleaning Stick is blocked, do not force. Simply use again the IQOS Cleanig Tool and repeat the above steps.
1. Clean the inside of the IQOS™ Cap from the top with the IQOS™ Cleaning Sticks
2. Clean the bottom of the Cap with the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool:
a. Insert the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool till it touches the bottom of the Cap
b. Without extra push, gently twist the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool 2 - 3 times
c. Stop twisting, and gently tap both the cap and the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool to remove tobacco residuals.
What are the optimal IQOS storage conditions?
Keep IQOS away from water, direct sunlight and/or heat.
Do not leave IQOS device for extended period of time in a hot place, such as inside a car, as the battery or electronics may be damaged or significantly deteriorated.
What should I do if my IQOS device is not functioning?
If your IQOS device is not working, simply perform a reset.
Still no luck? Please contact Customer Care 0800 400 600 Monday - Friday 8:00 – 22:00 or during the weekends and holidays 10:00 – 18:00, email us on [email protected], connect with us on our Facebook IQOS Slovakia or Twitter. You can also ask for assistance at the nearest IQOS store.
Is IQOS safe as an electronic device?
IQOS Holder and Pocket Charger are designed to be safe, as electronic devices, when used in accordance with the instructions in the User Guide.
They both comply with the EU consumer electronic safety requirements indicated by the “CE" (European Conformity) symbols on the packaging.
For more details refer to the User Guide.
After pressing the device "on" button, a small amount of aerosol came out of the holder. Is that normal?
After the heating process has started, it is possible that aerosol will come out of the IQOS holder. That is normal and completely okay. You may also notice that a small amount of aerosol is emitted from the device when the electronic cleaning process starts.
TOBACCO STICKS USED WITH IQOS CONTAIN NICOTINE, WHICH IS ADDICTIVE. THEREFORE USING IQOS IS NOT RISK FREE. THE BEST CHOICE FOR CONSUMERS CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR HEALTH IS TO QUIT TOBACCO USE ALTOGETHER