Important information about IQOS
- IQOS is for men and women who would otherwise continue to use tobacco or nicotine products.
- IQOS is not for people who have never smoked or who have quit tobacco and nicotine use.
- IQOS is not an alternative to quitting tobacco and nicotine use.
- To experience the benefit of IQOS, adult smokers should switch to IQOS completely and abandon cigarettes permanently.
Tobacco and health effects
- IQOS is not risk-free.
- HEETS tobacco sticks contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- The best way to reduce tobacco related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Nicotine is naturally present in the tobacco used in HEETS sticks.
- Nicotine is addictive and may cause side-effects similar to those associated with other nicotine-containing products, like headache, nausea, or throat irritation. If you experience these symptoms stop using HEETS and consult a health care professional.
- IQOS is not for people who have heart problems or are diabetic.
- IQOS should not be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether and consult a health care professional.
Children and adolescents
- IQOS is intended for adult use only.
- Children and adolescents should not use IQOS under any circumstances.
Tobacco sticks used with IQOS contain nicotine, which is addictive. Therefore using IQOS is not risk free. The best choice for consumers concerned about their health is to quit tobacco use altogether.