Important information about IQOS
- PMI offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products that are much better choices than continued smoking. Our vision is that our smoke-free products will one day replace cigarettes. Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- PMI’s smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
- We do not offer PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products.
- Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids. Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
Please read more about Good Conversion Practices for PMI’s smoke-free products here.
Safety Warnings & Instructions. Tobacco and Nicotine.
- Tobacco sticks contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- IQOS and tabacco sticks are not risk-free.
- The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Some users of IQOS and tabacco sticks reported experiencing abdominal pain, chest pain, choking sensation, cough, difficulty breathing, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, gingivitis, headache, malaise, nasal stuffiness, nausea, mouth irritation, palpitations, throat irritation, and vomiting.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart disease, are diabetic, are epileptic, or are experiencing seizures.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Stopping smoking or switching to IQOS and tabacco sticks or other nicotine-containing products may require the adjustment of the dosing of certain medicines (e.g. theophylline, clozapine, ropinirole).
- If you have questions about whether you should use IQOS and tabacco sticks given an existing health condition, consult a health care professional.
Exclusive Use of tabacco sticks.
- Buy IQOS devices and tobacco fillers only at IQOS stores, in our e-shop or by other IQOS authorized resellers.
- Only use IQOS with tabacco sticks.
- Never use IQOS with a cigarette or similar products that are not approved for usage with IQOS. Doing so may result in injury. Do not modify tabacco sticks in any way or add any substance to tabacco sticks. Doing so may result in injury.
Prior to use of a product, users should read the full Safety Warnings & Instructions, which contain important safety information about the use of the product.
Safety Warnings & Instructions for IQOS 2.4+
Safety Warnings & Instructions for IQOS 3
Safety Warnings & Instructions for IQOS 3 Multi
Safety Warnings & Instructions for IQOS 3 DUO
Firmware Licence Agreement
Please read more on important information in FAQ here.
You will find consumer communication around the website that come from the following sources:
Studies* showed that the satisfaction of those who switched completely to IQOS is comparable to those who continued to smoke cigarettes.
* Source: 3 month clinical studies conducted in US and Japan with 160 adult smokers each under real conditions (ambulatory).
IQOS leaves significantly less stains on your teeth* than cigarettes. Important information: If teeth are already stained, switching to IQOS will not reverse the colour of those stains.
* Source: non-clinical laboratory study conducted in Switzerland with human teeth and the most widely used dental composites. Contrary to real world conditions, teeth were not exposed to other staining substances such as coffee, tea or wine, which may influence the results.
Smokers who switched to IQOS say that there is less unpleasant feeling and aftertaste left in their mouth compared to after finishing smoking a cigarette*
* Source: Online survey conducted by third-party research agencies in 2015, 2016 and 2017 among 3.344 IQOS users in Japan, Switzerland, Italy, Romania and Russia.
TOBACCO STICKS USED WITH IQOS CONTAIN NICOTINE, WHICH IS ADDICTIVE. THEREFORE USING IQOS IS NOT RISK FREE. THE BEST CHOICE FOR CONSUMERS CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR HEALTH IS TO QUIT TOBACCO USE ALTOGETHER